VMware vRealize Automation 8.5 has reached general availability as of August 19, 2021. With this release, VMware has provided several enhancements and new capabilities, including:
- Assign a Project Administrator as an approver in Approval Policies.
- Customize the amount of time an IP address is retained before being released after it is no longer in use.
- Limit the number of K8 Supervisor Namespaces that can deployed for a given Project.
- The vRealize Orchestrator plug-in for vRealize Automation 8.5 and vRealize Automation Cloud now includes workflows for creating, updating, and deleting: Cloud Accounts, Cloud Zones, Projects, as well as assigning tags to Projects.
- Enable Resources across Azure regions to be added to the same Resource Group.
- Support for migration of NVDS to CVDS with support for vRealize Automation updating state information for networks and deployments.
- Ability to pass additional information when creating Azure Disk Snapshots including resource group name, encryption set, and network policy.
- Ability to enable/disable boot diagnostics for Azure VMs as a day 2 action.
- Service Broker administrators can now disable the following email notifications:
- Deployment Lease Expired
- Deployment Lease Expiring
- Deployment Request Approved
- Deployment Request Rejected
- Deployment Request Waiting for Approval (Notification sent to requester)
- Pending Approval Request (Notification sent to approver)
- Onboarding plan has new machines
- Authentication support for adding Terraform service runtime version to vRealize Automation.
- Support for new topologies with on-demand load-balancers as part of NSX-V to NSX-T migration.
- Support for migrating NSX-V to NSX-T vRealize Automation deployments that are running on vSphere 6.7.
- vRealize Automation can now discover global security groups configured under NSX-T Global Manager.
- New API support for managing vRealize Automation Custom Roles.
- You can deploy a Salt Minion on a previously deployed VM resource as a day 2 action.
- You can apply one or more Salt State files to a previously deployed VM resource as a day 2 action.
- Support for managing workloads on Azure VMware Solution, Google Cloud VMware Engine, Oracle Cloud VMware Solution, and VMware Cloud on Dell EMC.
- Support for new Resource Quota Policies allowing for control of resource usage per Organization, Organization User, Project, or invidual Project User.
- Additions and updates to the following service APIs: IaaS API (version is 2021-07-15) and the Identity Service API.
This release of vRealize Automation also includes several bug fixes as documented in the Resolved Issues portion of the VMware vRealize Automation 8.5 Release Notes
For additional information on this release of vRealize Automation, check out the following blog posts and documents: