Unable to Log In to Orchestrator Control Center in vRealize Automation 8.x


Recently, while attempting to change some settings on several instances of vRealize Orchestrator embedded within vRealize Automation 8.8.1 appliances, I found that I could not successfully authenticate to the vRealize Orchestrator Control Center interface. The interface is located at https://[vRA URL]/vco-controlcenter and requires that you provide the “root” user credentials to access it. Although I could authenticate to the virtual appliance consoles using the “root” credentials, I could not successfully authenticate to the vRealize Orchestrator Control Center interface. The inability to authenticate didn’t make much sense until I recalled reading about possible issues syncing the “root” credentials between the virtual appliance and the vco-app container.

I began searching the VMware Knowledge Base and ran across the following KB article: vRealize Orchestrator 8.x cluster root password update fails in vRSLCM with error code LCMVACONFIG80003 or LCMVROVACONFIG100025. While the article wasn’t a 100% match to my specific issue, it describes that changes to the “root” credentials on a vRealize Orchestrator appliance might not be synced to the vco-app container running within the appliance. The article states that you should execute a command to sync the password to the vco-app container. Knowing that the “root” password had been recently updated on my vRealize Automation appliances, I decided to try the documented command:

vracli vro sync-cc-password

After executing the command from one of the three vRealize Automation cluster nodes, the CLI logged that three vco-app containers had been destroyed. Within a few minutes, the containers were recreated, and the Control Center UI was again available. I again attempted to authenticate to the vRealize Orchestrator Control Center, utilizing the “root” credentials for the specific appliance from which I executed the command, and voila!

I have not had a chance to complete any testing to determine how the password became out of sync. However, I can confirm that executing the above command corrected my issue and allowed me to access the Control Center UI using the current “root” credentials. I plan to keep this command handy after the next round of password updates just in case the issue pops up again.

See Also


Search

Get Notified of Future Posts

Follow Me

Twitter Icon
LinkedIn Icon
RSS Icon

Recent Posts