VMware has released a new update to vRealize Automation 8.0, bringing with it new features, as well as improvements and bug fixes. Unfortunately, vRealize Automation 8.0.1 still does not provide an upgrade/migration path from 7.x to 8.0. We likely will not see upgrade/migration functionality until version 8.1.
New features in this release include:
- Migration from vRealize Automation 7.5 or 7.6 assessment
- vRealize Automation Migration Assessment Offline Capture Utility 1.0.0 allows you to collect data from your vRealize Automation, vRealize Orchestrator, or external vRealize Orchestrator source environment offline. You can upload the collected data bundle into the assessment workflow.
- In-product user assistance
- Use the signpost help to learn about a setting.
- Use the help panel to get more information about a feature or configuration process.
- Git Integrations
- Includes support for GIT servers with self-signed certificates
- When you add a GitLab Integration or GitHub Integration and provide a GIT server with a self-signed certificate, you will now get a popup with the certificate info and the user can verify the certificate info and accept it. Once the self-signed certificate is accepted, the user will be able to create an Integration for that GIT endpoint with a valid token and then start syncing Blueprint or ABX Scripts from the repository.
- Blueprint Properties Editor
- The blueprint editor now includes a GUI for objects properties. The GUI reflects what is present on the canvas and in the code view in real-time and can be used to add properties or edit existing properties. The GUI includes helpful and relevant signpost help for all fields.
- API enhancements for Networking and Deployments
- Extensibility VA and ABX resiliency enhancements
- vRO based catalog services now support array/number as inputs parameters
- Custom forms enhancements
The list of resolved issues includes:
- API GET /iaas/api/fabric-images does not provide “description” property in results.
- Deploying a blueprint with a volume attached to a compute instance and an added count property to have multiple disks results in some disks being DETACHED.
- ABX might not work if Internet access sits behind a Proxy.
- Cannot set wildcard certs for certain domain names, specifically those not using a Public Suffix.
- vRA 8.0 cluster fails to start after VAs have been reverted to a snapshot.
- Provisioning fails with EBS topic not registered after stopping the primary DB node.
- Link to Migration Guide on the Migration Assessment Getting Started page is invalid.
- Unable to see the error message for a content source in the last row of a table.
- Provide an option to enable/disable Active Directory Policy Account.
- Package Action dependencies for Active Directory actions to work in a customer environment without access to the internet.
- Allow a user with Cloud Assembly user privileges to provision when an Active Directory Policy is enabled.
- Add additional attributes to a computer object that enables the machine to automatically join the domain in Active Directory during provisioning.
Additionally, the vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager 8.0.1 Release Notes state that the following issue (documented in KB76089) is resolved which prevented the replacement of vRealize Automation certificates in specific scenarios:
- Replacing the vRealize Automation default SSL certificate with Microsoft CA-signed certificate fails due to errors in the v3 critical extensions section of the certificate.
You can view the vRealize Automation 8.0.1 Release Notes for additional details. The update can be downloaded from the following link: VMware vRealize Automation 8.0.1 Download