VMware has released a new maintenance update to vRealize Operations 8.0 that includes performance and stability improvements. The list of resolved issues in vRealize Operations 8.0.1 includes:
- The rsyslog service does not run with vRealize Operations Manager parameters.
- After Service Discovery is configured, the Execute Script and Get Top Processes actions do not work from the Inventory > Objects page.
- The Set Memory of VM action does not work and the memory hot plug is not supported on virtual machines.
- CPU usage on a vRealize Operations Manager node is at 100% because of complex relationship updates.
- Collectors stop when the thread count exceeds the limit.
- Only one snapshot is displayed in a VM even though more than one snapshot is created.
- An error occurs when you try to publish a dashboard with the Session Processes widget.
- When you upgrade from vRealize Operations Manager 7.5 to 8.0, configurations and vCenter Server users are lost.
- vCenter Server users cannot log in to vRealize Operations Manager 7.5.
- Logging for Apache services are not configured properly under the Photon operating system. There are missing log rotation configurations for several services.
You can view the vRealize Operations 8.0.1 Release Notes for additional details. The update can be downloaded from the following link: VMware vRealize Operations 8.0.1 Download